Monday, September 29, 2008

Open House September 20th

Open House September 20th

The next event on my schedule was my Stampin' Up Open House held on September 20th at the Outback Pizzeria. I had 20 people attend!! We were thrilled. In fact they came early and stayed, so that made it a fun day!! Because we were a bit behind we didn't get a lot of pictures, but I'll show a few so you can see some of the things we did.

First I had wonderful help!! My dear friend, Catherine, was such a big help in setting up and guiding everyone around - she showed them all the classes we will be having this fall and was the greatest help!! My daughter, Holly, was the "Make 'n Take" person and sat at the table all day helping everyone do their cards. My other daughter, Heidi, was to be the Big Shot demonstrator, but since she really hadn't used it, I ended up doing most of that and she greeted the customers and answered questions.

Here's the banner I made - thanks to Patty Bennett for her inspiration - it was really easy and such fun to make.



Card Stock: Real Red, Bella Rosa Designer Paper, Whisper White
Embellishments: Riding Hood Red 5/8" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Jumbo Brads

As described by Patty on her blog, I made the large pennants with Real Red Card Stock and the Big Shot Pennant Die and the small pennants with Bella Rosa Designer Paper and the small pennant. I then added some examples of the other sizzlet dies in Whisper White, so the customers could see some of what we sell!! You can click on the pictures to see it a bit bigger!

The Big Shot was a Big Hit!! I did about four different demos show many of the ideas we have seen on the internet. The customers were very impressed and I had such fun doing it all!!

Our table for the Make 'n Takes was busy all day. We made two cards - one is below, but I'll put it up again as I just love it - thanks Kathy for the inspiration (my 2nd upline)



Stamp Set: Upsy Daisy
Card Stock: Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Bella Rosa Designer Paper, Whisper White
Ink: Riding Hood Red
Embellishments: Scallop Edge Punch, Wide and Large Oval Punches

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *



This card I cased from Patty Bennett's Blog - thanks for the inspiration Patty!!

Stamp Set: Eastern Elegance, Heard from the Heart
Card Stock: Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Pacific Point
Embellishments: Silver Brads, Trio Flower Punch, Big Shot Top Note Die Cut

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I had class and club sign-ups. And I also had a Book to Look offer. Below is the little basket I made and it was filled with strawberries. Three ladies booked workshops in October and November and were able to pick a strawberry!! Their prizes will be given to them at their workshops!



If you would like directions for the basket or strawberries, just email me at janinpb@communitybroadband.com.

Some of the classes I'm having are:

October 25th 80 cards from a Simply Scrappin Kit $50
October 30th Upsay Daisy Class with a bonus refrigerator magnet $25
November 15th Christmas Stamp-A-Stack $20

These classes are filling fast, so if you are interested, just email me at janinpb@communitybroadband.com to reserve your spot. I will be including pictures on the blog within the next couple of days of the the classes we will be doing!!

I actually put a small ad in a local paper and received some response from that. One lady called me to order some supplies for a bazaar. She plans on having attendees make cards. So I did up a bunch of samples of holiday cards for her to see. I will add these samples tomorrow so you can get some ideas

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

No comments: