Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Card Gift Box Tutorial

I'm sorry I haven't updated recently. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I was away from home, but I'm back on track (hopefully) now.

Thursday is our club meeting and we will be making a gift card set including a box to hold our cards.

My girls are VERY good stampers, so they will whip these out in no time!!

This is the set we will be making - box and three full-sized cards using Tart & Tangy Stamp Set and Summer Picnic both from the Occasions Mini 2008 - which, by the way, if good just until June 30th. So if you need to order the the Occasions Mini 2008, just let me know!!



The box is really fun to make and a perfect gift to hold some cards, so I'm going to do a tutorial on how to make the box

I found this on Toy’s Haven. Her tutorial is wonderful. There were a couple of things I needed to change, so I’m doing a tutorial to reflect those changes. I want to thank Holly for her great inspiration

Supplies
2 pieces cardstock cut 7 ½” x 7 ¼” (for box)
1 piece coordinating cardstock cut 6 5/8” x 3 5/8” (for lid)
1 piece coordinating cardstock 11 ½” x 1” (for strap)
2 – 1” circles
2 – brads
Sticky Tape
Cutter
Scor Pal or Scoring Blade
Assorted matching designer paper for decorating



Step 1. Score your box pieces 1 ½” on each of the 7 ½” sides. Score again at 1 ½” on one 7 ¼” side



Step 2. Cut along the score lines on both pieces as shown



Step 3. This is very important! On the piece you designate as the back, you will cut 1/16” strip off the top (the side that isn’t scored). This will ensure the box fits snuggly together and lines up.

Step 4. Apply sticky tape to the flaps and fold under to make each ½ of box





Step 5. Line the 3 inside edges of the front piece with sticky tape and slide them together. Position the pieces together so they line up properly, then smooth them out from the inside.





Step 6. Score box top piece at 1” on all four sides



Step 7. Cut corners to create flaps as shown. Apply adhesive and assemble.









Step 8. Poke holes (using pokey tool otherwise known as the piercer) in sides of box approximately 1 ½” to 1 ¾” below top on both sides, and in 2 – 1” circles and strap. Attach to box with brads as shown







Step 9. Decorate and finish your box!!



No comments: