Thursday, May 1, 2008

More and various cards

Here's a few more cards I wanted to share before I forget and either send them away or give them away :)

I found this really cool idea using the Carousel Notes and the Scallop punch - fell in LOVE with the colors and had to try them!!



Stamp Set: One of a Kind
Card Stock: Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava, Afternoon Tea Designer Paper, Groovy Guava Carousel Notes (Occasions Mini 2008)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Only Orange Craft Ink
Embellishments: Clear Embossing Powder
Punches: Scallop Circle, 1/2" Circle and 1/8" Hand punch

I cut a Groovy Guava Carousel Note into 4 pieces (these are 6", so are easy to cut them in half and again in half. I then punched with the 1/8" hand punch the cirlces in the scallops. I punched out a scallop circle in Wild Wasabi and then using the snips cut every other scallop almost to the center. And then I just lifted the petals slightly. I took a piece of whisper white and stamped with the only orange craft ink and then heat embossed clear embossing powder and cut out 1/2" circle for the center of the "flower". Same technique for the following card except I changed the designer paper and color of card base and flower!! Two very easy cards!!



And if you are looking for hearts and since we don't sell a heart punch, you could cut into the center and come away with eight hearts! I will try to show you how with pictures soon!!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I found this beautiful quilt card and just had to emulate it. Thanks to "grannisandi" on Splitcoast Stampers for the beautiful card and inspiration



Stamp Set: None so far
Card Stock: Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, Berry Bliss designer paper
Embellishments: Rhinestone Brad

This was really simple - especially with a sample to follow!! You cut out 16 pink squares and then cut 8 of the chocolate chip and cut them in half and adhere the chocolate squares to the pink!! Ah ha moment for me!!

I will save this for a quilter friend - so far don't have an occasion, but I know I'll find one!!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Tri Fold Pocket Cards

This tutorial was added by Beate Johns to Splitcoast Stampers recently. I just had to try it - these would be so fun for little gifts. I made a larger one following the tutorial on splitcoast here with an insert. I then made a smaller one as suggested for a gift card. I first made a mistake, but it turned out okay as I just put a candy bar in it and it fit perfectly!! So mistakes are quite often salvagable (as I find out all the time!!!)



Stamp Set: Think Happy Thoughts, Full of LIfe
Card Stock: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Afternoon Tea Designer Paper
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Groovy Guava
Embellishments: Chocolate Chip Twill Ribbon, Antique Brass Brads
Punches: Scallop Circle, 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" circle, Round Tab

I made the card per instructions on the tutorial. There is a "belly band" around it although that is not necessary. I used the Scallop circle punch to add the scallops to the curves.

Gift Card Holder



Stamp Set: Think Happy Thoughts
Card Stock: Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Afternoon Tea Designer Paper, Soft Sky Carousel Note
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi
Punches: Scallop Circle, 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" circle punches

I used a Carousel Note and folded it to make this little card. I added some Afternoon Tea Designer Paper. You wouldn't have to - you could just stamp the carousel note and that could be your design!! Fast and easy for a quick gift!!

Candy Bar Holder

Candy bars usually don't last long in this household, so I had to hide one the other day for this project. I wanted to make a candy bar wrapper to hold one to give as a door prize for my next class. I went to make the tri-fold card and made a mistake in cutting, but it turned out perfect for a candy bar!!



Stamp Set: Think Happy Thoughts
Card Stock: Whisper White, Soft Sky, Groovy Guava Designer Paper, Afternoon Tea Designer Paper
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Groovy Guavy
Punches: Scallop Circle, 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" circle punches

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Afternoon Tea and Live Your Dreams Card

Here's another beautiful card I found and had to make!!



Stamp Set: Live Your Dreams, Birthday Hugs and Wishes
Card Stock: Soft Sky Textured Paper, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Afternoon Tea Designer Paper
Ink: Stamp Write Markers: Rose Red, Cameo Coral, Chocolate Chip, Garden Green, Chocolate Chip Class Ink
Embellishments: Chocolate Chip Twill Ribbon, Paper Piercer

I used the Soft Sky textured paper and using a sponge dauber I sponged around the edges of the card base with chocolate chip - I like the "antique" look that gives!!
And I used the Paper Piercer to outline the designer paper and flower.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Just one more today. This card I found and just had to try. In fact I ended up buying the set because I loved the card so much. Naughty me. And then it didn't turn out like the original, but it's okay!!



Stamp Set: Blooming with Love
Card Stock: Blush Blossom, Whisper White, Basic Black, Groovy Guava Designer Prints
Ink: Pure color pencils, Basic Black
Embellishments: Groovy Guava double stitched ribbon
Punches: Double rectangle for the ribbon

I don't have a verse yet, but this set does have a neat little Mother's Day saying, so I might use that and give it to one of my girls!!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

That's all for today - thanks for looking and never hesitate to email me, if you have a question about anything I post

No comments: