Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Secret Garden Simply Scrappin' Kit 80 Cards

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. We did, with lots of family and much much too much to eat!! But it was fun and relaxing.

My goal this year was to make cards for the girls in my family. I made 80 cards from the Secret Garden Simply Scrappin' Kit. The kits come with 8 sheets of textured cardstock, six sheets of double sided designer print paper and 6 sheets of adhesive die cuts all to match.

For these kits, you need the actual Simply Scrappin' Kit and 40 pieces of cardstock for the card bases. I used the matching card stock colors of Groovy Guava, Old Olive, Always Artichoke and River Rock. The original instructions say to make up sets of 4 cards alike, but since I like my cards different, I change each card as I go to make it a little different, but use the same layout. Since I do add a few things I would say the cost would include about 4 extra sheets of cardstock to add layering.

If you are interested in a class, I will make up instructions to fit that class. This is a wonderful way to make up cards to last a long time at a very reasonable cost. I estimated the cost of the kit and the cardstock (including shipping) and extra embellishments (ribbon, brads, etc.) to be under 50 cents per card.

Here are the 80 cards I made from the Secret Garden Simply Scrapping Kit







































11 comments:

L8ybug2 said...

What a beautiful assortment of cards. Thanks for sharing!
~~Rita~~

Suzanne said...

This is great! I was wondering if you would be willing to share your template with another demo :) Would you please e-mail me? Thanks!

Unknown said...

Beautiful....Do you have a template for all 80 cards. I would really love to demo this in one of my workshops...It seems easy and fun.. please e-mail me privately with instructions at soffit1975@yahoo.com. Thanks.
Berna

Marjorie Hall said...

Another demo here hoping you'll share the template!?! This kit is so gorgeous and your card all came out really nice. Thanks for sharing!

Michelle in NH said...

Yet another demo asking ever so nicely for you to please share a template. They really are gorgeous!
mhkinnh@yahoo.com

Michelle in NH said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Priscilla said...

Thanks so much for sharing the instructions with me. Your cards are all so beautiful! :o)

Toni said...

Please add me to the lis of demos who love to have your template!
Thanks so much for sharing!
Toni
ladymydnyt@cox.net

Julie Lohr said...

Jan, These are beautiful. Are you willing to share or sell the template? Please e-mail me at jrlohr2001@yahoo.com. Blessings, Julie

Suzanne said...

What an amazing site. You have a gift. I'm going to follow suit and ask if I might get your template. allenandsuzanne@cox.net
Thank you!

CathyK said...

If you are willing to provide directions/template to another demo could you e-mail them to me at ckubitz@rochester.rr.com? You samples are beautiful and so meticulous!! Thank you for sharing!
Cathy