Monday, December 17, 2007

Criss Cross Nugget Box

I'm having fun tonight - read through my new Spring and Summer 2008 Idea and Catalog and have it all marked up!

Now I must get down to business and get my last minute gifts done.

Here's a darling little nugget box to make. It's small, but will hold about 1/2 a cup of nuts or whatever else you might want to put in it. I'm going to make one for each of the men in our family!!








I first saw this little gem on Cambria Turnbow's Blog. She made a darling box and pointed us to directions on Nichole Heady's site. Nichole has directions and a template to download to make this little jewel.

It takes one piece of 8 1/2 x 11" cardstock. Instead of stamping the cardstock, I used Close to Cocoa cardstock and added some Outlaw Designer Paper. The box measures 4 1/4" x 3". Just enough to add a little something to someone's stocking or package.

I used creamy caramel card stock and punched out with the scallop circle punch. I backed that with Chocolate Chip (round tab punch circle). I didn't have a stamp, so I printed out "Nuts For You" from my printer and then punched it out with the 1 1/4" circle punch.

I used the Round Tab Punch to make the closure for the little bag with about 1/2 cup of cashews then stapled the punch over the top with Happy Holidays from Tags on Board.

If you need a quick thank you, this would make a cute little box to hold a couple of brownies, M&M's, or even a bar of savory soap!!

That's all for tonight - I promise!!

1 comment:

L8ybug2 said...

Love it! I'm seeing M&M's in mine. Thanks for sharing.