Saturday, August 16, 2008

Stampin' Up Convention 2008 Salt Lake City, Utah



I need to report a little about my trip to the Stampin' Up Convention in Salt Lake City. It was five days of pure adrenline rush!! We heard about the introduction of the BIG Shot to the Stampin' Up line. That was SUCH a wonderful surprise!! There were two things I always felt SU was behind in and that is ONLINE ORDERING and carrying a DIECUT MACHINE. Did they hear me or what!! LOL

Anyway, I have ordered my BIG SHOT and it will be here on Monday, August 18th. Mark your calendars, as I will be having a OPEN HOUSE on Saturday, September 20th at the Outback Pizzeria in Prineville from 11:00 to 3:00. Come and pick up your new catalog, see a lot of new products and try out the Big Shot. You can have some pizza and do a couple of Make 'n Takes!! So mark those calendars, because you don't want to miss the fun!! I will also have fall class sign-ups. I have SO much planned!!

THE BIG SHOT

I'm so thrilled to be able to introduce you to the Big Shot. Stampin' Up has teamed up with the company who came out with the Sizzix, The Ellison Company. The Big Shot has been on the market for a while, and they sell many die cuts for the machine. The beauty of this machine is that is will take ANY die cut from ANY machine on the market. So if you have other die cuts, the Big Shot will cut them. And.....Stampin' Up will have exclusive die cuts to coordinate with their line of stamps.



The machine will cut almost ANYTHING you need!! I'm not kidding.

Here is a list of Big Shot Approved Materials

Cut through the following 50 materials using steel rule dies and your Big Shot machine. Please note the maximum thickness of several materials.

Brass (.055)
Light weight steel
Aluminum (.016)
Tin (.008)
Aircraft plywood (1/64")
Basswood (1/16")
Balsa (3/32")
Paperwood
Mat board (adhesive or none)
Chipboard
Fabric
Silicone
Foam with chipboard (.1)
Corrugated pad
Adhesive-backed cork
Fine sandpaper (.00)
Strene
Extra thick template plastic
Template plastic
Plastic canvas (7 mesh)
Bubble wrap
Sheet foam
Friendly (jewelry) plastic
100% pure beeswax (cut with parchment paper on top & bottom of beeswax)
Adhesive and non-adhesive rubber
Ruffleboard
Static cling vinyl
Warm & natural batting
Fusible fleece
Quilt batting
Adhesive and non-adhesive flexible magnet
Heat n' shrink plastic
Adhesive and non-adhesive felt
Pop-up sponge
Shiny self-adhesive and non-adhesive paper
Iron-on fabric
Poly foam adhesive and non adhesive
3-D illusionary plastic
Glow in the dark adhesive and non adhesive
Suede paper
Funky fur
Personal Embossing Plastic (PEP)
Shaggy plush felt
Canvas
Vinyl flooring
Shelf lining
Placement
Embossing rubber
Thin leather
Gasket material

So you can see what this little machine can do. Mine is coming on Monday, August 18th and I can hardly wait (did I already say that??)!!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The other exciting news which was actually unveiled just before convention is that we will soon have On-line Ordering. This will be a wonderful tool for every customer! When you want something, you can order it through my web site, and it will be delivered directly to you. I will still be here for you with my classes and any kind of help you need, but if you need something and I'm not placing an order, you can go ahead and order through my Demonstrator Website. If you have never checked out my website, you can see it here. This is my "company" website and always has my class schedule. I am determined to keep it up, so that you can use it as a resource for anything you want/need!!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

More Convention Notes

I went to convention with my upline (and sister-in-law) Lana and HER upline Kathy. We had SUCH a great time - now we can't wait until next year. I took 175 card fronts to swap (thanks Lana for helping me swap them!!) and also did a swap for mini albums. You will be able to view these swaps at my Open House on the 20th of September.

We had four FULL days. We arrived on Wednesday morning, July 30th - waited for Kathy to arrive and then took a taxi to the Raddison (just 100 feet from the door of the Salt Lake City Convention Center). We left our luggage as it was too early to check in and then headed over to the convention center. Our first "job" was to pick up our bags - the new catalogs were in there. While I waited in line for my "special prize" (I was awarded a pin, a stamp set and walked across the stage) in honor of my sales for the year, Lana and Kathy got in line for Memento Mall. Well, that was a BIG mistake (although we did a lot of swapping while in line). We were in line for about 2 + hours. We finally were able to shop in the mall - that was a blast. Project Totes, Camera Bags, Chap Stick, to name a few of the things we purchased!

At 6:00 we loaded into a bus and were taken to the Stampin' Up Headquarters outside of Salt Lake City.



We came back and spent the rest of the evening (pretty late actually) checking out our catalogs!!





Thursday morning we had a general session and you should have heard the roar when Shelli Gardner, The CEO and founder of Stampin' Up, announced SU was partnering with Sizzix to sell the Big Shot. WOW - 6000 demonstrators going crazy!!

Lana was honored with a trip across the stage for being a demonstrator for five years. Congratulations Lana!!

In the afternoon we had classes and did our make and takes.

Friday was the same with each general session bringing more fun times. We saw those who had earned the trip to Hawaii and all those who earned honors for sales, recruiting and much, much more!!

Saturday, we had classes in the morning and then the general session in the late afternoon. Things started to wind down, when a "doorbell" rang and a UPS man came in carrying a box!! Also a UPS TRUCK drove onto the floor of the convention center.



Shelli asked the UPS man if she could help him. He said he had a package - she asked for whom, and he said EVERYONE. Everyone in the audience received a FREE stamp set - the Ronald McDonald set, "Say It with Scallops". For every set that SU sells, they donate $2 to the Ronald McDonald Foundation. And.....UPS purchased a set for every demonstrator who attended convention!! What a surprise. The crowd went crazy!!



Here is a Stampin' Up employee handing out the Stamp Sets



And here are Kathy, Lana and I with our FREE stamp sets



We flew home Sunday morning and for two weeks after, I was good for nothing. But I'm hopefully back in the routine and ready to share all I learned and saw!!

No comments: