Thursday, April 17, 2008

Double Pocket Fold Cards

We've been planning our next club meeting - one of the cards I saw on SCS, is this double pocket fold card. These are SO fun and easy to make (although I have to say I was intimidated at first!!). If you are, don't be, because once you make one, you'll see how easy they are. And the really neat thing about these cards, is that you get to show off both sides of the double sided designer papers.

Here is a tutorial on Judys' site.

And here are the ones I made

Double Pocket Fold #1



The two tags





This will definitely be for my very good friend for her birthday - we always laugh because she's always warm!!

Stamp Set: Tart and Tangy, Sassy Suzie (Occasions Mini 2008)
Card Stock: Summer Picnic Designer Paper, Real Read and Whisper White
Ink: Real Red and Old Olive Stampin Write Markers, Real Red Classic Ink
Embellishments: Real Red Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Rhinestone Brad
Punches: Scallop Circle, 1 3/8" Circle

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Double Pocket Fold Card #2





Stamp Set: Live Your Dream (Occasions Mini 2008), All Holidays
Card Stock: Porcelain Prints, Blue Bayou and Whisper White Card Stock
Ink: Blue Bayou
Embellishments: Pretties Kit Silk Flowers, Rhinestone Brads, Blue Bayou Double Stitched Ribbon

I used a sponge dauber and daubed the pretties in Blue Bayou Classic Ink. I made the tags with my Sizzix

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Double Pocket Fold Card #3





Stamp Sets: Live your Dream (Occasions Mini 2008), All Holidays
Card Stock: Groovy Guava Prints Designer Paper, Groovy Guava and Whisper White Cardstock
Ink: Groovy Guava
Embellishments: Rhinestone Brads, Pretty in Pink 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Pretties Kit Silk Flowers

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Double Pocket Fold Card #4





Stamp Set: Live your Dreams, Full of Life (both from the Occasions Mini 2008)
Card Stock: Afternoon Tea Designer Paper (Occasions Mini 2008), Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Embellishments: Jumbo Eyelets, Vintage Brads, Chocolate Chip 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Double Pocket Fold Card #5

Maybe by now you have figured out I just LOVE the Afternoon Tea Designer Paper - I'm fixated on it!! So had to try it again and this time I changed to landscape. I think it gives it a really different look





Stamp Set: Sincere Salutations, Full of Life (Occasions Mini 2008)
Card Stock: Afternoon Tea Designer Prints, Wild Wasabi Card Stock
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Groovy Guava
Embellishments: Wild Wasabi Double Stitched Ribbon, Jumbo Eyelets, Pretties Kit Silk Flowers, Build-a-Brad Kit, 1/2" circle Punch (and Yes, I used the Crop-A-Dile to set the eyelets - a cool tool!!!!)

I sponged the flower with Groovy Guava Class Ink. I also used the 1/2" circle punch and punched out one of the flowers from the Afternoon Tea Designer Paper and adhered it to the brad with the sticky clear top over it.

These cards are truly not hard. I made these up and the next morning someone came up with a different twist - so now I NEED to try that one!!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Here are a couple more cards I made. The first one is a cool way to use the Jumbo Stampin' Around Wheels. I will scan the card we are going to make at the club meeting after the meeting, but here's one I made to practice. And here's the tutorial I found to make this. This blogger and stamper is Laura and is from Alberta Canada. She calls this "Rolling with the punches". Another neat way to use your punches.



Stamp Set: Live Your Dream (sentiment); Lots of Dots Stampin' Around Jumbo Wheel
Card Stock: Close to Cocoa, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa Designer Prints
Ink: Close to Cocoa
Embellishments: Rive Rock Double Stitched Ribbon
Punches: Large and Small Oval, Large and Small Star Punches

With this technique, you cut a piece of copy paper 3" and score it at 1/2" on each side. You then use your punches (I used the large and small star punches on this card) and punched down the center of this piece of paper. You lay your cardstock underneath the punched out areas and then using your jumbo roller, roll it over - you now have your design on your cardstock. I cut that and mounted it on chocolate chip!! Interesting possibilities.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

And since I was in the mood for stars, and hadn't used it yet, I decided to make this simple birthday card for an all star. Lots of those in my family.



Stamp Set: Classic Stars Stampin' Around Jumbo Wheel, All Holidays
Card Stock: Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black
Embellishments: Basic Black 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

No comments: