Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Retiring Sets: Abundant Joy, Fine Lace

Last night I got out some of my retired sets and thought I would make some cards! It's really sad to see this set Abundant Joy retire(Page 104 in the Fall and Winter 2007 Idea and Catalog). This set includes a beautiful rose, hydrangea, dogwood (maybe?), and some I can't identify, but they are really elegant!

Here are three cards I made:




Stamp Set: Abundant Joy, All Holidays
Card Stock: Regal Rose, Basic Black, Whisper White, Certainly Celery Designer Paper
Ink: Basic Black, Regal Rose and Certainly Celery Stampin' Write Markers
Embellishments: Word Window Punch, 1/4" Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Rhinestone Brads

I stamped the background of the card base with Regal Rose (stamped off to make it look like a watermark - doesn't really show up in the scan).



Stamp Set: Abundant Joy, Fine Lace
Card Stock: Basic Black, River Rock, Whisper White
Ink: Black Craft Ink, Basic Black Ink, River Rock
Embellishments: Clear Embossing Powder

I stamped Fine Lace on the River Rock in Black Craft Ink and then clear embossed it. It's quite shiny, but doesn't really show! I colored the flower petals and stems in River Rock with the blender pen - it's very faint, but adds just a touch of color



Stamp Set: Abundant Joy
Card Stock: Groovy Guava. Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Apricot Appeal and Certainly Celery Stampin' Write Markers
Embellishments: River Rock Double Stitched Ribbon, Black Brads

I stamped one of the flowers on the back of the card - didn't stamp off this time, so it's a bit darker. I used a sponge dauber and daubbed around the flower - as you can see, this is one of my favorite techniques!! Mounted the ribbon with a mini glue dot. The Apricot Appeal goes good with the groovy guava!!

Thanks for checking out this latest post on my blog and I'll add more this week.

No comments: